Monday, September 25, 2017

Year of Projects 7: Week 13


It's been crazy record-setting hot here over the past week, Sweaty fingers and hands make knitting unpleasant, so progress is a bit slow. Sounds like the heat wave will end Wednesday, at which time seasonal fall weather will finally arrive. The extra blast of summer was pretty nice though - swimming and paddling every day!

I did cast on a vanilla sock - Tuxie Love - which I've added to my list. It's simple pattern with a bit of colourwork at the top of the leg and a bit more at the end of the foot. And it's perfect choice for a friend with a birthday at the beginning of November, with her beloved tuxedo cat Lucy! Not much to show yet; if I finish the colourwork on the leg before the next post, then I'll snap and post a photo.

Mostly I've worked on Crosshaven socks. On Sunday morning I kitchenered the first sock and cast on the second. I've knit the design as written, except that I made the heel flap longer to accommodate my pointy heel and high instep. Perfect fit and gorgeous pattern. I should mention that in the photo I am wearing the right sock on my left foot so that you can see the mock cable detail down the side of the leg and foot. The left sock is a mirror image.

Reviewing my list I'm feeling badly about how long those Somewhere Socks have been hibernating, so perhaps I'd better find some time to spend with them :) After Crosshaven though, and perhaps before Gschnitztal. We'll see.

That's it for me today! Have a great week everyone!

8 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That sock looks amazing! That would have beat mine out for first prize, I'm sure!

Rain said...

I love the sock colour so much, it's the time of year for oranges, though our weather wouldn't show it either! We are in the 40's today, aaaack! Not only does hot weather make sweaty fingers...it makes for much too warm laps for bigger knitting projects lol...enjoy your last bit of summer, ours will also get back to fall on Thursday! :)

Anonymous said...

Out of all the blogs I read, I think YOU win the prize for most intricate socks. Those are beyond beautiful!

Becki said...

Well, I imagine having a lake to swim and paddle in would make this last heat wave something to enjoy. As for me, I spent most of my time hiding out in my air conditioned house. lol Am thoroughly looking forward to the cooler weather and sleeping with the windows open at night. Your orange sock is beautiful! You use such rich looking yarns for your socks. What a pleasure they must be to wear.

Lucy Bowen said...

They are gorgeous - I love everything about them and as always they seem to fit perfectly.

Breathing Life said...

Reading about your heat wave is ironic after I just finished camping in snow and -6C.

Ahhhh - the world is a funny place with its polar opposites.

Sam I Am...... said...

LOve those orange socks and the design is beautiful. I love cables...anywhere..anytime!

Stefanie said...

I love reading your sock posts. You are such a sock magician. I like that pumpkin color. I need to pay attention to how my socks fit. How is the construction going? Is it all done now?