As well as being terribly behind on knitting goals, I'm also woefully behind on blogging. And starting today I hope to catch up. Since it's Friday - or Finished Object Friday as it's known in some circles - I'll start with these two FOs.
Pattern: Arkin Socks by Rachel Coopey
Yarn: Sock Luck by Studio June Yarn in turquoise
Needles: 2.25mm on legs, 2.0 mm on heels and feet
Comments: My friend asked me to knit some socks for her Mom so these are them. The cables are slightly asymmetrical - which I kinda like - and the lengths go from short to long around the leg - which I also like. Other than the cable details on the leg the pattern is a pretty basic ribbed sock, so the fit is great.
The way the pattern was written, though, I did not like. It was mostly written with one tiny chart for the cables. It would have been so easy to write it all and/or chart it all, but why do half of one and half of the other?
Pattern: Willow Socklets by Tyrneathem
Needles: 1.75 mm
Modifications: knit on 66 sts omitting one pattern repeat
Comments: The finished pair of Arkin socks took just 60 grams of yarn leaving me with enough for some ankle socks! After skimming through the project notes of other Ravelers I determined that the socks would likely be too large as written (both Nancy and her Mom have tiny feet) so I reduced the number of stitches by omitting one pattern repeat and switched down to tiny needles. The finished size looks about perfect.
It's a very simple pattern for a very pretty little pair of summery ankle socks. Once again it's mostly rib with some eyelet lace columns so the fit should be great. I did manage to squeak these out of the leftover 40 grams, but it was close!
Have a great weekend! Nancy and I are headed to the Spring Handmade Market this weekend, so that'll be fun!