Saturday, December 5, 2009

happy socks


In the good news department, the first Popsicle sock is done. The second should be cast on later today, maybe during the first period of the hockey. This is a very happy pattern - although it just wouldn't be the same without the little bobbles down the leg. They're the best! Just putting these socks on would make a person happy.

In the bad news department, my friend for whom the next socks were intended mentioned that she'd found a pattern for a sweater she really wants. Which makes me think that maybe I should skip the socks and knit this sweater instead. With only 20 days left before Christmas, will I have enough time to complete it? I know it's crazy to even contemplate this, but ... it is a simple pattern ... and it is a DK yarn ... and it should knit up quickly on 4mm needles ... and she's never asked me for anything before ... so I think I'm going for it. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

the sock looks fab- and you're either brave or generous (not sure which, maybe both?) to knit her a sweater before Xmas ;-)

One pair of Hands said...

A sweater before Christmas? I am impressed.