Saturday, November 28, 2009

simple ribbed handwarmers


The last ends of my first Handwarmer were sewn in this morning, and the second is well under way. I started with Shelridge Farms Merino in solid blue for my main colour, and then interspersed stripes of sock yarn leftovers - Regia Design Line, Lorna's Laces, Koigu KPPM and Fleece Artist Basic Merino. They're working out pretty well ... colourful without being overwhelming.

The overall pattern on the handwarmers is ribbing: they're flexible in terms of fit. These are medium size, but they fit my nephew (9 yrs), me and Gavin. Pretty much one size fits all, I'd say. I'm hoping to finish tomorrow, so that I can get started on socks needed for Christmas presents. Is it really December next week?

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

they look great!I could do with several pairs myself!