Friday, November 20, 2009

nice socks


When I asked Gavin to help me with this photo I thought it'd be nice to see the two socks together. A picture, I thought, to show that the gusset of my second Pomatomus sock is done. And to visually demonstrate all the progress on the foot. Because a picture is worth a thousand words, isn't it?

But Gavin doesn't think that the picture communicates much about knitting. Instead, he thinks that everyone is likely to be distracted by what he calls the "massive gap between my toes". Really.

I know there's a big gap - it's handy for flip-flops. I know my feet are too long to fit conventional shoe sizes and too narrow to be practical for balance. And I know my arches are too high for most boots. But I like my feet anyway. And don't the socks look nice?

2 comments:

MagicalJane said...

at least, at that angle, the picture doesn't quite present your super long second toe.

The socks, and your feet, are LOVELY!

And Quincy really, really loves those 'ball of wool' ornaments you made.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Look great! And there is nothing wrong with your feet.