Thursday, May 3, 2018

Once Upon A Sock - May 2018


This morning I'm linking up again "Once Upon A Sock" group...

Once Upon A Sock consists of sock knitters who post the first Thursday of every month about sock work in progress. Check out the link party throughout the day today to see the group members who have posted and linked-up. Feel free to join the fun!

At the moment I've got a few sock projects to update:

My April Paper Bag Project Socks - Rrribb-It! by Ela M. in Lizzie-Anne Yarns "Blue Jeans" Sock Set - are done. They worked out really well. The pattern is very simple, but doesn't ribbing always fit so nicely?! And the speckled character of the yarn adds some interest to sock. The finished socks are very lightweight and softly pastel in colour making them the perfect Spring wardrobe addition. Love them!




My May Paper Bag Project Socks will be Alfrick by Rachel Coopey in Sandnes Garn Sisu. I've opened my mystery bag but that's as far as I've got. Early days yet.



On my needles right now is a test knit for Nikki Ross Patterson, a sock pattern called Sunny Sunday Socks. I'm knitting the large size, toe-up from charts using Louet Gems in Purple from stash. The pattern is a very nice looking lace pattern but a bit hard to see in this vivid dark purple; hopefully once it's done and on my foot I can get a better picture! Right now I'm just trying to decide when to start a mini-gusset before a German Short-Row heel. I'll be knitting it as an ankle sock, so this should finish up pretty quickly.


That's everything I've got going on! Looks like Spring has finally arrived here in Southern Ontario, so if I'm not knitting you'll find me in the garden :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The socks look great.

I love that Rrrrib-it pattern.

Reanna said...

you get a spring? LUCKY! Here in Pittsburgh, PA it went from winter to summer. It's like, 80F today already.

Kat @ felinity knits said...

I hugely love those socks! They're so pretty, love the colour combo.

And Alfrick has been in my queue for ages - lovely pattern.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Rrrrib-it looks AWESOME.

And Rachel Coopey has some wonderful designs. Those ones will be so nice!

Sam I Am...... said...

So glad Spring has come to you! I love those Rrrbit? socks with a pattern going around the leg...especially the raised part. I saw that stitch on a hat and really liked it. I have no idea what it's called but I want to learn it for sure. What is the paper bag monthly project? Is that where you put all your supplies in a bag for a pair of socks at the beginning of the year? I love the idea only I'm not sure I could afford all that yarn all at once..lol! I'm the no stash girl who only has old acrylic that sticks around, unfortunately. The yarn for your next project is beautiful....it looks like it is really soft. I can see the design in your purple socks and it is really neat but I can see how it would be hard to see it up close while you're working on it in that dark purple but it will be lovely when you're done. Enjoy your Spring!

Paula@SpinAYarn said...

Oh my! Those spring socks are just absolutely perfect! I really need to look up that pattern and add it to my queue. They look like a lot of fun to knit. I can't wait to see what's coming.

Gracey is not my name.... said...

The Rrrrib-it are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! I'm with Reanna....no spring for us this year either....I'm going to just melt away in my classroom in the next 6 weeks....I can't wait to see the purple socks on!

Stefanie said...

I'll ask here again as I may have missed your response last time, how'd you get rid of the white corners of the JPEG? I've tried Googling that but most say I need some kind of program. Great job on the first pair of socks. What a collection you have. It would really cool to see they all hanging about.

Meg said...

Oh, those Rrribb-It! socks are beautiful! I love the colour combination you used as well.