Thursday, January 7, 2010

more stripes


With the January 31st shipment deadline looming for the Warm Hands Network, all my knitting time for the next several days will involve striped socks. I'm almost finished a second pair - this time in a larger preteen size - and then plan to knit an intermediate size to fit a child of about 8 to 10 years. So the most exciting knitting news from me in the coming days will be when I finish the blue/purple/orange stripes and get started on the blue/green/yellow stripes. Things are off to a slow start this New Year at my work, which leaves me plenty of time to knit. As nice as that is for me, my boss will be a lot happier when things pick up.

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

It's slow at my main job too, but I can't knit there. Job #2, I can most days and its great!
I like the yellow, blue and green - can't wait to see it knit!

Frieda said...

Love both colours but that yellow , blue and green is bound to make someone's feet happy .

Hats off to you for knitting for the arm Hands Network ! I'm sure it's appreciated ...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Hey, I knit for WHN and I have that same blue/purple/orange yarn. I belong to the Naked Sheep group, too, do you go to the Wednesday knit night? Do I know you, lol? I'm PatriciaKnits from Ravelry.