Monday, September 14, 2009

a false start


Shortly after knitting the cuff of my first Funky Mitt, I realized that the chart for the stranded colourwork for the main part of the hand was missing from the pattern I purchased. Maybe I can reverse engineer it from the picture? Nope, the colourwork at the thumb gusset is not clearly shown and the written instructions rely heavily on chart markings. So, yesterday morning instead of knitting, I dug out my receipts to send copies to the designer and distributor with the hope that they'll email me a PDF of the chart. And then I put this project aside.

My inclination was to start another hat for the Burera Hospital in Rwanda, but the necessary needles have mitten stitches on them, and I'm too lazy to string a life line to get them out. Well, after the Knitter's Fair there's no shortage of other projects to start. So this morning I'm casting on a new pair of socks - Mr. Pitt's socks by Kaitlyn Falk Wong. On Saturday I purchased stretch Bamboo sock yarn in truffle brown from Dye-Version ... 93% Bamboo + 7% Lycra for snug fitting socks that stay up! The sample socks looked and felt fantastic - can't wait to try it myself.

1 comment:

suse-the-slow-knitta said...

i love the colours that you are using on the cuffed sock, shame some of the pattern is missing!